Reiligh. There are two graveyards in the parish - The old Church yard and the New - called the Chapel Yard. The Old Churchyard has the ruins of an old church which is in decay since the time of Cromwell.
The New Church is built about 100 years. It was a thatched Church was there first and this one was built over it and the mass was kept on in the thatched one all the time the new one was being built.
People are still buried in the old churchyard. The new churchyard too is almost full as there are several sites engaged by diff families and railed in with cement coping. There are some fine head-stones and there are 2 stone vaults. One has to be shared by lifting off the top stone and the other opened at the side. Last year 1937, the Lonergan family from Gortacullen put up a new Head Stone made all of Cement. It was made by Kenrick, Cahir who is son-in-law to this Lonergan.
There is the ruins of an old house