The Old Road.
The Old road as it is called runs from the bridge of Grange to Moycarkey. It divides the townlands of Ballinree and Ballytarsna. It is supposed to be the old road that led to Kingly Cashel in olden days. The part from Moycarkey to Grange is still used though not in very good repair.
From Jack Heffernan's house where it ends in Grange it can be traced across the fields by Ballysheehan churchyard, through Gortmakellis, and at Cashins bothereen it branches, one branch out to the Dublin Rd into Cashel and the other goes out into the Thurles-Cashel road at Mahers Thurlesbeg.
Its the oldest road in the district and Lord Inchiquins army travelled by it to take the Rock of Cashel in the year 1650.
The Main Dublin-Cork Road via Cashel passes through Ballytarsna. There is no date for its origin through this