Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile na Carraige, Cill Díoma
- XML Page 241
- XML “Local Songs - The Fair of Stonehall”
- XML “Local Songs - The Shores of Ringmoylan”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)But they ne're would compete with the lads from the Line.Of a much noted family, Ill sing you again.
Tis Kateen, Mickeen, and Tomeen Holloran.
Let you stay at home now thats all let you stay
at home while were going to the fair of Stonehall.Then farewell to old Ireland the land of my birth.
Tis the dearest and fairest and lovliest on earth.
Heres a health to Kildimo that old home of mine.
And may God bless and keep that gang from the Line.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The following well known local song was written by Miss Enright daughter of Dr. Enright. Who was M. Dr. at Pallas Kenry about the year 1860.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Agnes O Brien