Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Teamhair, Áth Treasna
- XML Page 484
- XML “Old Crafts - Dyeing”
- XML “Old Crafts - Basket-Making”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)[-]Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The baskets were made of twigs.
These twigs were cut in november
in the dark moon because
the sap ceases to flow and
the twigs are stronger. A frame
the desired size is required
for making the baskets, with
twenty or twenty two holes.
The satháns are put into these
holes. Five or six strong
twigs are required to make
the buinne. To get the buinne
locked into the satháns is
the principle work in
making a basket.
is also made of twigs. It
is the shape of a boat.
Five trosnáns are woven into(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.