"The Chapel Field" is in the townland of Killard, and in the North Parish. It is so called because there was a chapel there long ago, and it (is) was blown down by the English in the rising of 1847. There is a whitethorn bush now in the middle of the field where it stood.
School: Colthurst, An Bhlárna (roll number 6717)
On this page
The Chapel field is in the townland of Knosknasuv in the parish of Blarney. Long ago the people of Blarney used to go to Mass there. There is no sign of the Chapel there now, but people say that the stones were used to build Sullivan's farmhouse in Corbally.