1. When the smoke goes up it is the sign of dry weather.
2. When the smoke goes down to the ground it is the sign of rain.
3. When the flies are on the ground it is the sign of rain also.
4. If the seagulls are flying high it is the sign of rain.
5. One magpie is for sorrow two are for Joy, three to get married and four to die.
6. When a rain bow is in the sky the old people say a rain bow in the morning is a shepherd's warning a rainbow at night is a shepherd's delight.
7. When sparks fly out of the fire that is the sign you get money.
8. If the fire is Blue it is the sign of rain.
9. A rinning in your ear is a sign of death.
10. If you fell in a graveyard that is a sign that you would be next to die.
(continues on next page)
- Nellie Reilly
- Julia Reilly