Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- Sore throat
1. Warm table salt put into a stocking or sock and the stocking tied round the neck at night when going to bed.
2. A hairy worm put into a stocking and tied around the neck.Sty
1. Pull a gooseberry thorn and point it towards the sty saying while doing so - "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost Amen. This is to be repeated nine times. Days Monday Thursday and Monday.Warts
1. Throw a fasting spit on the ground, mix with clay to make a paste. Rub this on the warts saying "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost Amen. To be repeated each morning till warts disappear.
2. Wash the warts in water found accidentally in water worn stone. The washing must be repeated 15 times once a day for 15 days. The same water to be used each day.
3. Place nine straws in bottle of water, seal the bottle(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.