1. When a mother had to leave her baby in the cradle and go out working, she always put the tongs across the cradle, to keep the fairies away from her child.
2. If a person was visiting a house, he or she got a grain of meal or salt to carry in his pocket on leaving.
3. A coal out of the fire was never given to a neighbour if there was a sick person in the house.
4. Some people would never give a coal away on a Monday morning.
5. On the first of May — May day — milk is never given or sold in some districts.
6 If a person cut a lone bush in a field, he would die in that year or get some lingering disease.
7 If you rob a swallow's nest you will never have any luck.
8. Quite near the school is a farmhouse called 'Cottage'. (Incidentally this farm is now about to be divided on local tenants)
Years ago there was supposed to be a treasure buried near the cottage. It is quite near the River Suck and tradition says that a huge monster, like an Eel, comes up out of the river to guard the treasure. Strange lights are seen at night and people would not visit certain fields late at night.