Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)(1) Live, horse, and you will get grass
(2) When you get the name of an early rise you may sleep until dinner-time
(3) Don't put old heads on young shoulders
(4) Spare the rod and spoil the child.
(5) It is too late to sharpen one's sword when, the drum beats to battle.
(s) Smooth water runs deep.
(7) Man proposes, but God disposes.
(8) When the old hag is hard-pressed she must run.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- [-](continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.