Signs of rain as gathered from their parents & grandparents by various pupils
1. The swallows flying low
2. The curlew whistling shrilly
3. The river roaring (the river - the little stream that flows by the western side of the village is always so called by the inhabitants)
4. The crows cawing loudly.
5. The frost melting early in the morning
6. A fog round the edge of the moon. 'This is how one of our old men described the halo'
7. A morning rainbow.
8. Red sky in the morning - rain before night.
9. Before thunder the goats fly home from the hills
10. The smoke coming down.
11. The dog eating grass
12. The soot falling down or "soldiers" little red sparks showing up at the back of the fire.
The screeching of the wild geese in passing is said to be a sign of snow.