Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 31. Better to wear out shoes than sheets.
32. A stitch in time saves nine.
33. He is on the pig's back.
34. A half loaf is better than no bread.
35. Hills are green when far away.
36. Health is better than wealth.
37. A son is a son till he gets a wife but a daughter is a daughter till she goes in the grave.
38. Pretty feather's make pretty birds.
39. A closed mouth catches no flies.
40. There is more "raisins" (reasons) than you put in cakes.
41. It's a long road that has not a turn.
42. When the rod is bent so the tree shall grow.
43. Better to be born lucky than rich.
44. Spare the rod and spoil the child.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.