32. For something in the nose. A sniff of pepper will make you sneeze (e.g) for a small bead ( Mr T Doyle, Celbridge).
On this page
33. Equal parts of sulphur, olive oil and paraffin rubbed on is good for hives (Mr T Henry ,Celbridge).
34. For dirty cuts put a drop of peroxide in it, it will start to fizz and the dirt will come out ( Mr C Burchill , Celbridge).
35. For nettle sting, iodine (ditto).
36. For sting of wasp make a paste out of clay and put to sting ( Mrs Finlay, Celbridge).
37. For boils, fill a bottle with boiling water empty out and put mouth of bottle to sting and the steam will draw the boil out (ditto).
38. For headache , soak brown paper in vinegar and wear, renew till pain goes (ditto).
39. For eczema rub a cut lemon on it (Mrs R Flood , Celbridge heard in Co Kilkenny).40. Gathered fingers apply a bread politics ( Mrs Hill ,Celbridge heard in Co Cork ).
41. For cramps when going to bed turn your shoes upside down ( soles up) no cramps will come (Mrs Neumann , Kells, used by her).42. For indigestion, juice of 1/2 a lemon in boiling water, sugar to taste & small teaspoon of