On the left bank of the River Liffey in the town of Celbridge, is a beautiful residence known as "Kildrought House", meaning the "corruption of the Bridge."
Quite close to this place there was a bridge spanning the Tony which is a tributary of the River Liffey.
In 1856, this house was turned into a school the teachers being two ladies named Mullins and Hampson.
This school was very convenient for the girls who worked in the Mill as they were able to attend the night school after their work the fee
On this page