Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. You should never throw water outside the door for the fairies are supposed to have their house under the door.
2. If you see the moon [under] over your right shoulder it's a sign of good luck.
3. If you broke a glass you would have seven years bad luck.
4. You should never give away milk without shaking a pinch of salt into it, as it would take away the good of the milk for the year[?].
5. You should always sweep the hearth and leave a piece of fire after you when you would be going to bed.
6. You should never sweep the house out the door.
7. If you met certain people early in the morning it's a sign of bad luck for the day.
8. If a foxy woman came into a house New Year's morning it's a sign of bad luck for the year.
9. If a person tripped over a child under three years old, and if he did not turn back, and say "God Bless the child" it would never grow, it would always be a Dwarf.
10. You should never fall asleep outside May day.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.