Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile na hEaglaise (Chapeltown)
- XML Page 266
- XML “Large Red Sandstone Rock”
- XML “Cave”
- XML “Lios a' Dúinín”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- You are not logged in, but you are welcome to contribute a transcription anonymously. In this case, your IP address will be stored in the interest of quality control.By clicking the save button you agree that your contribution will be available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License and that a link to dúchas.ie is sufficient as attribution.
- There is situated in ODonnell's farm, Taulaught in field opposite the pump in Taulaught. The mouth is now closed but I was speaking to people who entered it long ago. It is arched with stone and looked to be a smugglers cave or else a hiding place.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- This is situated in Fehit House Demesne lands - just inside the wall of main road Tralee to Fenit, whre the boundary of Taulaught and Fenit within meet. It was once a large earthen fort with a surrounding deep trench. Now only half the fort remains as the cliff on which it was built subsided and the Dúinín whatever it was is no more. It has no cave connecting it with exterior and no local tales surround it.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.