Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. Paper wont refuse ink
2. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do to-day.
3. Birds of a feather flock together.
4. Look before you leap.
5. Think twice before you speak once.
6. Spare the rod and spoil the child.
7. Many are called but few are chosen.
8. Hills are green far away.
9. Dont loose the sheep for the harporth of tar.
10. It is too late to spare when all is spent.
11. Say little and say well.
12. Wilful waste makes woeful want.
13. Least said- is easiest mended.
14. Your pocket is your friend in the end.
15. Make hay while the sun shines.
16. Idleness is the curse of man not labour.
17. Hunger is good sauce.
18. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
19. Fools make feasts and wise men eat them.
20. More grows in the garden than is planted.
21. Better late than never.
22. There is as good a fish in the sea as were ever caught.
23. Health is better than wealth.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Maureen Mc Donagh