Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Cluain Leamhac (Cloonloo)
- XML Page 025
- XML “Behavior of Animals”
- XML “Behavior of Insects”
- XML “Mountains and Lakes”
- XML “House Signs”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- Cat: When a cat sits with his back to te the fire there will be rain.
When he scrapes timber it is a sign of storm.
Dog: When a dog eats grass there will be rain.
Sheep: When sheep cluster together it is a sign of storm.
Horses: Horses galloping is a sign of heat.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Josie Corrigan
- Bees: When bees stay in their hives in the morning it is a sign of rain but if they go out early it is a sign of a good day.
Midges: When midges bite in the evening there will be rain.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mountains: When a mountain seems near it is a sign of rain.
When a fog goes in a southward direction from Keask hill it is a sign of rain but when it goes in a northward direction it is a sign of good weather.
Lake: When you hear the lake making noise it is a sign of rain.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Chimney: When soot falls from the chimney there(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.