Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- In olden times the people travelled the old Tralee to Dingle road on horseback. They drew the seaweeds in baskets on the horses backs. The people had to go to Cork to sell their farm produce. There are four farmers would join together and fill a firkin of butter between them. They carried the firkin to Cork on horseback in their turn. It took three days to reach Cork and three to return.
Then a new road was constructed in 1824. When the land was divided the people blocked the old road with fences. Long ago when people were building houses on the old Dingle road a strange man came and ordered them to build elsewhere.
The old Dingle road branches off from the new road a "Droichead na mbunóiche" in Derrymore West. It joins the new road at Garret Murphy's house and again leaves it at John Connor's and Mrs Sullivan's houses. Then it continues to the East and it crosses Derrymore River. It joins the new road near Clasheen Bridge and contines on from Derryquay National School to the East.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.