There is a giant supposed to be buried at the Porth end of Omey Island. A Doctor passing there saw a bone in a grave that the sand had blown off he exained it and measured it and came to the decision that it was a leg of a giant of about 14 feet in height.
On this page
1. What walks with its head down? A stud in ones boot.
2. Why does a hen fly over a wall into a cornfield? Because she can't fly under it.
3. Patch upon patch without any stitch? A head of cabbage.
4. What is on a new Irish penny a car cannot go without? A clutch.
5. When is a wall like a fish? When it is scaled.
6. What is no use until it is broken? An egg.
7. What is always behind time? The back of a watch.
8. Why is toffee like a racehorse? The more one licks it the faster it goes.
9. Have you ever seen a goat with horns? No, you have seen one with your eyes
10. Why is a penny made round? Because it is made to go round.
11. If a man gets a shilling for walking a mile what would he get for walking sixty? Sore feet.