Customs for days of the year
2. On "St. Brigid's night" the people make crosses and stick them in the thatch.
3. "Shrove Tuesday" the last day for getting married. On that night people have pancakes for tea.
4. On "Ash-Wednesday" young people pelt salt on those who are not married.
5. On "Good Friday" the people cut their hair so that it would grow again.
6. Everyone eats an egg on "Easter Sunday."
7. People say if you went out early on "Easter Sunday" morning you'd see the sun dancing.
8. On "Whit Sunday" people bring home Holy Water with them from the Church.
9. It is not right to go near water on Whit Sunday for fear you'd be drowned.
10. A child born on Whit Monday is said to be cross and have a good aim.
11. On "St. John's night" people light a bonfire and bring home a coal and
(continues on next page)