ProverbsLong ago there were many old proverbs and sayings used in my district but some of them have gone out of use. The following is a list of the proverbs and sayings used presently.1. Fools make feasts and wise men eat them.
2. You cannot put an old head upon young shoulders.
3. Patience is a virtue, keep it if you can, its always in a woman but never in a man.
4. Plough deep, while sluggards steep, and you will have come to sell and to keep.
5. A rolling stone gathers no moss.
6. There is no fireside like your own fireside.
7. No news is good news.
(continues on next page)
- Mary Curley
- Mrs Regan
- Ballymabilla, Co. Galway