Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- Last week the teacher told us to collect as many cures as we could. Here are some I got from my grandmother.
1. To banish warts put black ink on them every day
2. To stop a hiccough drink a cup of cold water slowly
3.To stop flatulence dissolve a little bread soda in hot water
4. Got burns and scalds- dissolve a little bread-soda and hot water in a cup, soak a bandage in it and put it on the injured part, olive oil may also be used
5. Got a soar throat heat some salt,then put this in a woollen sock when applied to the throat it eases the pain
6. Got a poultice sugar and soap may be used for a boilTranscribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- James Corrigan
- Mrs A. Corrigan