School: Tamney (Robertson)

Location:
Tawny, Co. Donegal
Teacher:
Mrs Kyle

Filter stories

Back
/ 360 Forward
Resolution: Low | High
The Parish Church of Clondevaddock

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 1090, Page 347

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD. See copyright details »

On this page

The parish church of the parish of Clondevaddock is situated on a peninsula or Ross
The little village near it is called Rossnakill.
This is a very old building. Long ago it was a Monastery before it became a church.
There is a board painted white and with black letters on it, in the hall of our church.
There is a list of clergymen on th board, who have been in the church from 1700.
1700 John Johnston.
1730 Thomas Bedford.
1789 William Hamilton
1797 Henry Maturim
1842 William Bailey.
1860 Daniel Mooney
872 William Skipton.
1879 John Woodley Lindsay.
1885 William Atkinson Dickson.
1892 Alex Delap.
1894 Ernest Handcock Nunns.
1905 Arthur Cowan Digby French.

(continues on next page)
Collector
Sarah Thompson
Gender
female
Age
11
Address
Moross, Co. Donegal
Informant
(name not given)
Relation
parent
Gender
male
Occupation
farmer
Address
Moross, Co. Donegal
Language
English