Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Ráth Mhaoláin (Robertson)
- XML Page 062
- XML “Classification of Pupils According to Hair Colour and Eye Colour”
- XML “Nicknames”
- XML “Phonetic Form of Local Place Names”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- Very dark..Dark......Fair.....Red
Subhead 12. Classification of pupils according to eye colour.
Brown 4 Blue 20Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- It is a common practice in this district to qualify various (Christian) surnames, if common, by addition of Christian name of father or mother of the family e.g. Patrick Deeney (Pat)' Joe Sheridan (Anthony). In common speech the surname is left out and people are referred to as Neil "Peg", Joe "Anthony" etcTranscribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. Crag-ee-madee-roe. (Carraig an mhada ruaidh)
2. Gurt-loch (Gort-loch)
3. Roy (Ráth)
4. Carna-fay (Cairn na -?)(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.