Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Ráth Mhaoláin (Robertson)
- XML Page 043
- XML “Local Riddles”
- XML “Local Place Names, Rathmullen”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)18) Why does a cow look over the dyke?
Because she can't look through it.
19) Why is a horse cleverer than a mouse?
Because it can run away in a trap.
20) It's long and it's broad and it's not very wide, it wears a green selvage on every side?
21) What is the difference between a man looking up stairs and a man going up stairs?
One "stairs" up steps and the other steps up stairs.
Bessie Mac Naught 3th May 1938 (From school-children's compilation 31-2Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Local-place names
Rathmullen, Co Donegal. Ireland
Near the Saltpand there are three Lakes called the Lily Lake, Round Lough and the Long Lough. In Gortlough, Rathmullen there is a Lough called Gortlough
Near Glencros, Rathmullen there is a field called the Kiln field because there is a Kiln near it.
Near Killygarven there is a field called the Blackfield and another called the Hill field. It is called the Hill field because it is situated in a very hilly district.
Near Aughavennan there is a field called the Flats. It is called that because it is very flat(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Bessie Mac Naught