Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Lathaigh (Laghey)
- XML Page 092
- XML “The Finding of a Treasure”
- XML “A Craft”
- XML “The Treatment of Flax”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)hidden under the stone yet.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One evening I asked my father how did the old people make baskets and what kind of candles had they.
He said that the candles were made out of rushes. A man would gather a bunch of rushes and taking a few in his hand he would melt some butter and dip his candle in it. When this was done his candle was ready for use.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Long ago flax was more plentiful than it is nowadays Before it was manufactured into linen, it had to go through many processes. First it was pulled and steeped(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.