School: Dúnlaoghaire (Christian Bros.)

Location:
Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Teacher:
D. Ó Muirgheasa

Filter stories

Back
/ 059 Forward
Resolution: Low | High
Dúnlaoghaire (Christian Bros.) | The Schools’ Collection

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0796, Page 013

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD. See copyright details »

On this page

24/5/38. The Grange Cemetery.

The Grange Cemetery dates back to the year 1692. The greater part of the tombstones in it are made of stone and very few are made of marble. In the centre of the cemetery are the ruins of an old church, which is made entirely of assorted stones. This church contains many vaults and is divided in to two sections. One is the oldest in the cemetery, and on it is inscribed in very faint carving the words:-
Here Lyeth ye Body of
Jane Ginigan who departed
this life the 12 day of September in
ye year ovr Lord Jod Anno
Domini 1692
On another of these vaults is

(continues on next page)
Collector
James Goggins
Gender
male
Address
Eden Villas, Co. Dublin
Informant
Mary Goggins
Relation
unknown
Gender
female
Age
75
Address
Eden Villas, Co. Dublin
Language
English