Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Ceapach Chuinn (B.)
- XML Page 5
- XML “Scéal: Petticoat Loose and the Priest”
- XML “Leigheaseanna”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)Prayer Book on the road and he said that if the woman picked up the book and read the page he had been reading it would be Petticoat Loose. She picked up the book and read it. The priest asked her did she want work and she said she did. He put her into the Red Sea making chains out of the sand to stop the ships.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. On St. Brigid's Eve hang a bit of black lace outside the house and it will be blessed by St. Brigid and if you get a pain in any part of your body rub the lace to it and it will be cured.
2. Pick herbs before May Eve and keep them dry and if any one in the(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Carl O' Leary