The dwelling-house of Mrs. Lynch, Snugboro, Tallow got burned. The fire escaped out through the chimney and got on to the ceiling. It is believed that it was soot on the chimney which took fire and stopped burning with the result that the ceiling came in contact with it. All attempts were made to quench the fire but the flames spread rapidly and it was uncontrollable. No lives were lost.
School: Caimthír (Camphire), Ceapach Chuinn (roll number 15129)
On this page
The only shipwreck I have heard of which occurred in my district is that of the 'Nellie Fleming'. It was a ship which belonged to Mr. Fleming, Main St., Youghal. When coming from England, it was shipwrecked on November 1936 but it is not known where.
James Ahearne, Glensaggaet, Lismore was drowned in a canal outside Lismore. He had
- Brighid Ní Caoimh
- oibrí tí