Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Beannchor Iorrais
- XML Page 254
- XML “Cluichí Páistí - Round the Mulberry Bush”
- XML “Cluichí Páistí - Puss in the Corner”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)"This is the way we wash our clothes Wash our clothes, wash our clothes. This is the way we wash our clothes. On a cold and frosty morning."
At the same time pretending to do so. They then turn round three times, singing the same words as before only at the next time they say, "This is the way we comb our hair, lace our boots, wash our hands or something of the kind, always suiting the action to the words. The game usually ends with -
"This is the way we clap our hands. Clap our hands, clap our hands. This is the way we clap our hands On a cold and frosty morning."Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- This game is usually played by five children, four of whom take four corners. The other one stands in the middle. One Puss cries to(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.