Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile an Daingin (B)
- XML Page 791
- XML “Wild Animals - The Otter”
- XML “Wild Animals - The Badger”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)would have it broken. They pulled him up the field.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The badger lives in a burrow in the wood. He is a very cute animal. He is white and grey. In the month of March the badger hunts the fox out of the burrow. Then the badger cleans the burrow and he puts in white grass. He eats green grass and dead animals. He does have young ones in the month of March. When summer comes the fox come to the burrow and puts the badger out of the burrow and stays there fo the rest of the year.
Scotch kilts are made from his hide. He is a very clean animal. Shaving brushes are made from his hide also. He has a very short tail. He has very long hair. He has two small ears. He has very small legs. He eats dead animals also. If the fox comes and dirties the badger's bed the badger goes away from the burrow. Then he makes a new a new burrow beside a little stream(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.