Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile an Daingin (B)
- XML Page 784
- XML “Wild Animals - The Hare”
- XML “The Troublesome Hare”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)Sometimes there are gaps near where they we are hunting him. The hare runs in the gap. If there are sheep in the field he runs through the sheep. The dog can not find him. The hunting season is is from October to March.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Long ago there was a gentle man in Bloonmore. His house was situated where Bernard Kilkenny lives now. It was surrounded by a big wood. There was a big orchard there also. Some of the trees are growing wild there yet. This big house belonged to a man named Dasey. He also owned all the land of Bloonmore. He is dead a very long time. There was a hare in the garden for a long time and no shot seemed to have any effect on her or wound her. Every body tried to shoot her and to kill her.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.