Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile an Daingin (B)
- XML Page 698
- XML “Farm Animals - The Hens”
- XML “Farm Animals - The Cow”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)people used to feed them with corn. They used to be cackling louder in the day than in the night.
They used to put soot on the nest eggs. When the hens used to be hatching out the people used to cut the hens nails and when the chickens would come in they used to cut their nails to because they would be very healthy hens when they would be big hens. This is not observed now in my locality. When the hens would be going laying they would jump over the half door and go in behind the doors. They used to have a small box behind the door.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Farm Animals The CowThe people used to call the place where the cow used to be kepted the cowhouse. Over the cows there does be a loft and straw in it. The tie thats tying the cow is called a ceannosk. Long ago when a cow would(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.