Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile an Daingin (B)
- XML Page 681
- XML “Feast-Days - St Brigid's Day”
- XML “The Feast-Day of Christmas”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)basket as a "bridgeoeg" in honour of St. Bridget.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Everybody used to leave the door open on christmas night before going to bed so that if the blessed Virgin and the child were passing they could go in house two or three at each window to show the child Jesus light. This is also done in honour of the twelve months of year.
The children hang up their stockings near the chimney so that santa claus will put something in them. They think that he comes in a slegde filled with socks of toys
and that he comes down the chimney. They write notes to him telling him what kind of toys they want. They throw the notes up the chimney. They think that he spends the year making toys. They also think that he(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.