Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile an Daingin (B)
- XML Page 676
- XML “Feast-Days - Saint John's Day”
- XML “Feast-Days - May Day”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)they used join hands and go round the fire in a ring. Some old people used to have a bone two night. The second night they used have two melodeons and the girls and lads used dance. They used to say the rosary to honor Saint John before they would go home.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- There are many old sayings about May day. In olden times the people used to have the house very neat and tidy because on that night the fairies used to go from house to house dancing and playing music. I twas not right to milk cows on that day.
There was once an old woman and she milked all her neighbour's cows on May day and when her neighbours went to milk their cows.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.