Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Baile an Daingin (B)
- XML Page 674
- XML “Feast-Days - Halloween”
- XML “Feast-Days - Saint John's Day”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)top, what ever name would be on it that would be the girl he would get married to.
Written by:- William Heneghan. Coole.
Material from:- Thomas Heneghan. Coole.
Aged 55 years.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The old people used to light bone fires at every cross road. They called them bone fires because they used to throw bones into the fires. They used to go from house to house for arms of turf. When they would have enough of turf they would gather to gather and and buy a gallon of oil. They used to get cans and milk people’s cows. They used milk goats also. When they would come home they would buy two loaves between them.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.